Please follow the instructions below regarding your medication prior to surgery. If you have questions regarding your medication, please contact your physician’s office.
- If you take medications for heart, blood pressure, breathing, seizure, or reflux diseases, you may take them the morning of surgery with a small sip of water.
- If you have asthma or lung disease, use your inhalers and/or breathing treatment the morning of surgery and bring the inhalers with you.
- If you are taking a blood thinner (i.e., Coumadin, aspirin, vitamin E, or garlic), make sure your surgeon is aware. Follow your doctor’s instructions regarding the dose.
- If you are taking aspirin, Motrin, or an anti-inflammatory medication, make sure your surgeon is aware. Follow your physician’s instructions.
- The following medications must not be taken for 14 days prior to surgery: Fastin, Ginko Biloba, Ginseng, Ionamin, Meridia, Metabolife, Phenteramine, Pondimin, Redux, St. John’s Wort, Valerian, Kava or Mahuang.