To adequately prepare you for your surgery, please review and comply with the following information:
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight. This includes water, coffee, juice, chewing gum, mints and tobacco. This is very important for your safety. Your surgery may be cancelled if you have anything to eat or drink. You may brush your teeth, but do not swallow any water.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol for 72 hours before surgery.
- Leave all valuables at home including jewelry. Only bring with you the money and/or credit card needed to pay your copayment or other out-of-pocket costs. If you wear glasses, contacts or hearing aids, please bring a case for them.
- Please shower or bathe with an antibacterial soap (i.e., Dial) the evening before or the morning of surgery. PLEASE DO NOT SHAVE AT OR AROUND THE SURGICAL SITE 48 HOURS PRIOR TO SURGERY.
- Remove all jewelry, including any body piercings, prior to coming to MSC.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Do not wear makeup, cologne, or body lotions.
- Notify your surgeon if you suspect that you could be pregnant.